How To Make Logo Design in Photoshop
To create a logo in Photoshop can intimidate you at first. But, remember it is all about font selection, and whether you choose to add designs like symbols or icons for different effects. In this Photoshop logo tutorial I will do both – I will design a logo for a fictional watch-selling company named “WATCHI”.
* Gather different fonts to brainstorm for the best.* Design a cool clock symbol to fit nicely to the font.* Learn how to Rasterize text layers for editing.* Once you finish your logo design, add a mirror effect.* Then choose the coloring scheme, including an inverted color logo.
Now I will show you how to create a professional logo in Photoshop:
Brainstorm for Cool Fonts
– Draw a circle using the Ellipse tool. Press shift to draw a regular circle. Now, draw a subtracting circle inside the drawn circle by pressing shift+alt. Use the Path Selection tool to move the subtracting circle. Use the Custom Shape tool to draw the clock handles. Choose the Arrow. Right click and use the Free Transform Path to turn the arrows.
– I will add some touches to the circle of the clock. I will make it dashed circle in different sizes using this tool. But before that, I need to Rasterize the layer of the circle. (In Photoshop, Rasterizing converts the text or shapes layer into a normal layer. Then you can edit that layer). To Rasterize the layer, Right-click on the layer and click Rasterize Layer.
– I will draw select the area I want to delete using the Polygon Lasso Tool. Make a selection then press “Delete”. Follow the same method till you get the following shape.
– Decrease the width of “A”. Right click the canvas and go to Free Transform. Then carefully erase the horizontal line in the letter “A”.
– Use the Move tool and move the “W” and “TCH” layers closer to the “i” layer. So now we have on the canvas, the new logo for our fictional watch company:
Add a Cool Mirror Effect
To add a mirror effect to the logo, Flatten all layers. Duplicate the “Background” layer. Then on the “Background copy” layer go to Edit > Transform > Flip Vertical. Change the layer to Multiply. Change the layer Opacity to 25%.Then use the Move tool to move the mirrored text just below the original like you see below:
Cool Coloring Scheme
For the first coloring scheme on our photoshop logo, I am proposing the two colors below (green and dark gray). With a little more work… an inverted version (Start with Color Invert from the menu):
I hope this tutorial has given you ideas on how to design a logo in photoshop. Photoshop is a great tool for creating text, icons, and symbols that will go well with your own logo.If you liked this tutorial, please share with your friends.