Hello Guys! today we learn how to make a zip folder in windows 7. Compressed files take up less storage space and can be transferred to other computers more quickly than uncompressed files. You can work with compressed files and folders in the same way that you work with uncompressed files and folders. You can also combine several files into a single compressed folder. This makes it easier to share a group of files.
Watch this steps to learn how to compress and uncompress files.
To compress (or zip) a file or folder
- Locate the file or folder that you want to compress.
- Right-click the file or folder, point to Send to, and then click Compressed (zipped) folder.
- A new compressed folder is created in the same location. To rename it, right-click the folder, click Rename, and then type the new name.
To extract (or unzip) files or folders from a compressed folder
- Locate the compressed folder that you want to extract files or folders from.
- Do one of the following:
- To extract a single file or folder, double-click the compressed folder to open it. Then, drag the file or folder from the compressed folder to a new location.
- To extract the entire contents of the compressed folder, right-click the folder, click Extract All, and then follow the instructions.